Becoming a Member
Gold Country Artists Gallery is a cooperative art gallery that is staffed, maintained, and run by member artists. Gallery members cooperate to make it work..
The Gallery has given the opportunity to over 250 artists to sell their artwork at a great location on Historic Main Street in Placerville for over 20 years.
The Gallery is open to all artists within a 50-mile radius and there are several steps to becoming a member:
1. Review the one-page information sheet (available at the Gallery) and ask questions of members.
2. If you are still interested, request an application pack (by mail or pick up at the Gallery) and fill out the application.
3. Bring your completed application to the Gallery and sign up to have your work reviewed by our Review Committee.
4. After our Review Chairperson contacts you regarding the review date, bring 3-5 fully-salable samples of your artwork to the Gallery for our Review Committee to evaluate.
5. After your artwork has been reviewed, you will be contacted by the Review Chairperson as to whether your work would be acceptable to the Gallery. At this point, you may join the Gallery. Please note that you must have an adequate supply of artwork to have for sale at the Gallery in order to join the Gallery.
Why Join Gold Country Artists Gallery?
There are many reasons to join our Gallery. Here are a few:
* The Gallery displays and gives the public an opportunity to view and purchase your artwork.
* The Gallery promotes your artwork in area newspapers and magazines, in partnership with the El Dorado Arts Council and their monthly ArtBeat newsletter, on our website (each member has a dedicated web page on the GCA website), in our blog and on our Facebook page.
* The Gallery is open seven days a week (excluding some holidays) plus during special evening events on Main Street.
* The Gallery provides an opportunity to work with approximately 45 professional artists in a retail setting.
Responsibilities as a Member
The Gallery has a Board of Trustees, committees and individual members who perform tasks to help run the Gallery. A member's responsibilities include:
* Paying a one-time membership fee (and a few other minimal one-time fees) and monthly space-rental fee
* Working three, 3-hour shifts per month with another member-artist
* Attending at least four monthly meetings per year
* Adhering to guidelines for all members
What to Do If You Are Interested
If you are seriously interested in displaying and potentially selling your fine artwork at Gold Country Artists Gallery, please follow the steps above.
If you have ever wanted to sell your artwork and are willing to help run the Gallery, why don't you consider becoming a member of Gold Country Artists Gallery? We would love to have you as a member!